These days there is no getting around the idea that we DO need an online presence to grow our practice and attract more new patients.
Here’s a short list of what I believe are the 3 Most Important Online Tools For Your Practice.
(We’re probably all to familiar with #3, but it works REALLY well)
1) It’s pretty obvious these days that you need a website. But not just ANY website. Your webiste should have the main features listed below, and many of them should appear “above the fold.” (If you don’t know what “above the fold” means, it refers to the fact that when you visit a website for the fist time, what appears on your screen before you do any scrolling, that’s considered to be “above the fold.”
Much of your “relevant” content to get people to take action should be “above the fold”.
– A lead capture form – this is a form where people who visit your site exchange their email address for some sort of free report. You can read more about that here. (http://acuperfectmarketing.com/2013/11/how-to-capture-leads-online/)
– A professionally written bio.
– Your picture on the front of your website.
– Relevant contact information (street, address, phone number)
– A place for people to ask you questions, comments or schedule.
You can view a video about 6 features every website should have by clicking here. https://acuperfectwebsites.com/6-essentials-that-every-website-needs/
There was a time hen getting a website was a pain in the butt and it cost a lot, but those times have changed! Now you can get your website up and running within a few days for as little as $19.99 a month.
Not having a website will mean that you may be getting overlooked. these days, people are going online to find information about healthcare and the people that they want to see.
2) Since your website is going to be a “hub” for your practice, a blog should not be overlooked. A blog allows you to get your message out, tell stories, share testimonials and experiences, and help[ turn you into a bit of an expert in your field.
A blog informs your current, past and future patients that you are actively looking to engage, inspire and inform your community by sharing the information you do via your blog.
Blogging can also help get your SEO rankings higher. And this is especially important if you are in a city that is inundated with other practitioners.
Here are 10 Reasons Why You Should Have A Blog. https://acuperfectwebsites.com/top-10-reasons-why-you-should-have-a-blog/
If you are looking to add a blog post to your wordpress site, here’s a simple video we put together to show you the way. https://acuperfectwebsites.com/add-new-blog-post/
3) Facebook. Yes good ole’ Facebook. Of all the social media tools out there, Facebook is by far the one that I consider to be the MOST important. Billions of people access Facebook, and more than likely your patients and prospective patients are on Facebook also.
Having a properly built Facebook page, that is updated regularly with links, images, pictures, comments and engaging content can be extremely effective in helping attract more new patients and visitors to your website.
I would even go as far to say that patients expect us to be there.
If you don’t know how to set up your Facebook page, you can download our Facebook Kickstart Guide for free, here. https://acuperfectwebsites.com/facebook-kickstart-guide/
Here is a link that can also help you out, https://www.facebook.com/business/overview
I hope these tips have proved useful.
There are plenty of other tools that can be useful to help you build your online presence, but the 3 mentioned above are the most important in my eyes.